- In early 2007, in their first meeting, Dr Zernik provided Rabbi Bernhard evidence of Samuels’ racketeering in the courts. [i]
- In direct response, Samuels initiated retaliation, which continued from 2007 till 2010, and in itself is part of the racketeering pattern. [ii]
- In January 2008 Countrywide collapsed, following the publication by the New York Times of fraud by Countrywide’s counsel in the US Court in Pennsylvania – filing of “recreated letters” as evidence – part of the same pattern. [iii]
- In March 2008 news was published that the Hon Jeff Bohm, US Bankruptcy in Texas, issued a 72 page Memorandum Opinion, based on a yearlong study by the US Trustee’s office, detailing conduct of Countrywide in courts across the United States, additional evidence of racketeering in the courts. [iv] According to the Memorandum Opinion, Countrywide promised the Hon Bohm to cease such conduct.
- The evidence shows that Mr Samuels nevertheless continued the same conduct as Associate General Counsel of Bank of America. [v]
[iii] 08-01-08 Case of Borrower Hills (01-22574) – in the US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh. Countrywide’s Three “Recreated Letters” and a Transcript
[iv] 08-03-05 Case of Borrower William Parsley (05-90374), Dkt #248: Judge Jeff Bohm’s Memorandum Opinion, rebuking Countrywide’s litigation practices, Countrywide’s false outside counsel scheme – appearances by counsel who are not Counsel of Record, with “no communications with clients” clause:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/25001966/[v] 10-07-06 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office Los Angeles against Sandor Samuels and others, alleging Racketeering
http://www.scribd.com/doc/33971099/[vi] 11-04-21 PRESS RELEASE: NYT: “In Financial Crisis, No Prosecutions of Top Figures” – Because of widespread corruption of the justice system, they are effectively immune
11-05-13 Corruption of Los Angeles Jewish Judges and Attorneys // La corrupción de Los Ángeles jueces judíos y Abogados // 洛杉矶的洛杉矶犹太腐败的法官，律师
The questions originated from public corruption and racketeering by Bet Tzedek current and former leaders: Sandor Samuels, David Pasternak, Terry Friedman, and refusal of ADL National Director Abraham Foxman to respond on the matter. Additional questions addressed the ethics duties of US judges such as Alex Kozinski, Richard Posner, and Anthony Kennedy and Jewish religious leaders in view of “corruption of the courts and the legal profession” in California.
The four rabbis are:
- Rabbi Sharon Brous Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Chaim Nochum Cunin Chabad, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Susan Leider - Temple Betham, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller UCLA Hillel, Los Angeles
- �I know nothing about the circumstances about which you are talking, and don’t want to publicly comment on Mr. Foxman because the only honest things I could say might easily bring me a law suit for slander�. [[iv]]
- Is it reasonably ethical for Anti Defamation League (ADL) National Director Abraham Foxman not to respond on request for opinion regarding public corruption and racketeering in the courts by leaders of the Los Angeles Jewish-legal community?
- Are US judges bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession�, based on their Oaths of Office?
- Are US judges bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession�, based on the Code of Conduct of US Judges?
- Is Alex Kozinski, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions in view of an official 2010 Professional Staff Report of the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession� in California?
- Is Anthony Kennedy, Justice of the US Supreme Court, who oversees the 9th Circuit, bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions in view of an official 2010 Professional Staff Report of the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession� in California?
Terry Friedman David Pasternak Sandor Samuels
Over the past several years, Dr Zernik has often written, published online, and distributed by email to a large recipient list materials, which may be deemed by some as defamatory of key Jewish organizations in Los Angeles, California:
- BET TZEDEK, the “HOUSE OF JUSTICE”, and
- THE GREATER LOS ANGELES JEWISH FEDERATION, with whom it is affiliated.
- SANDOR SAMUELS, current and former President;
- DAVID PASTERNAK, former President (possibly current member of the Board of Directors)
- TERRY FRIEDMAN, former Executive Director.
- AMERICAN JEWISH UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
- ZIEGLER SCHOOL OF RABBINIC STUDIES
- SHALHEVET SCHOOL
- ADAT ARI EL SYNAGOGUE, VALLEY VILLAGE
[i] 11-05-12 Los Angeles Rabbis Sharon Brous (Ikar Synagogue), Chaim Nochum Cunin (Chabad), Susan Leider (Temple Betham), Chaim Seidler-Feller (UCLA Hillel) are Asked to Opine on Fraud/Racketeering in the Courts by Jewish- Legal community leaders
[ii] 11-05-08 Joseph Zernik,PhD, Biographical Sketch
[iii] Online Petition: Stop the execution of Kevin Cooper. Impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California
[iv] 11-05-08 Press Release: Tikkun�s Rabbi Lerner opines on refusal by ADL to respond on Public Corruption/Racketeering in the courts by Los Angeles Jewish-legal community leaders.
[v] 11-05-08 Univ of Chicago Law School Professor Richard Posner is asked to opine regarding ADL�s refusal to opine on corruption/racketeering in the courts by Los Angeles Jewish-legal community leaders
[vi] 11-05-09 Ethics Questions Forwarded to University of Chicago Law Professor Richard Posner
[vii] 11-05-07 Press Release – UCLA Law Professor Richard Stein Berg, A Human Rights Expert, Is Asked to Opine Regarding Human Rights in Los Angeles, California
[viii] 11-05-05 ADL Abraham Foxman is asked to opine on allegations of Public Corruption, Racketeering in the Los Angeles Jewish Community
[ix] 11-05-05 Addendum to request for opinion by ADLs Abraham Foxman in re: Corruption/Racketeering in the Los Angeles Jewish/Legal community-s
[x] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to “corruption of the courts and the legal profession”.