Rabbi Brous Rabbi Cunin Rabbi Leider
Los Angeles, May 13 - Requests for Jewish ethics opinions, have been addressed to four Los Angeles area rabbis, concerning public corruption and racketeering by Bet Tzedek's leaders, and "corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California. [[i]]
The four rabbis are:
- Rabbi Sharon Brous Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Chaim Nochum Cunin Chabad, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Susan Leider - Temple Betham, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller UCLA Hillel, Los Angeles
Dr Zernik has repeatedly highlighted in his writing in recent years the prominent role of Jewish attorneys and judges in racketeering in the Los Angeles courts.
Three of the Los Angeles rabbis, Brous, Leider, and Seidler-Feller are clear in their protest against the death penalty in California, in view of the widespread corruption of the California justice system. [[iii]]
The questions now addressed to the rabbis pertained to:
1) Should Mr Abraham Foxman, National Director of the Anti Defamation League (ADL), opine on defamation, or lack thereof, in stating that leading figures of the Los Angeles Jewish-legal community engage in public corruption and racketeering in the courts?
2) Should Alex Kozinski, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, and Anthony Kennedy, Justice of the US Supreme Court, who oversees the 9th Circuit, and Richard Posner, US Circuit Judge, initiate corrective actions in view of the 2010 Professional Staff Report of the UN Human Rights Council, which noted "corruption of the courts and the legal profession - in California".
3) Should California and US Jewish religious leaders press for corrective actions relative to such conditions.
Asking Jewish rabbis to opine on public matters is a tradition going back at least 1,500 years.
Tikkun Rabbi Michael Lerner has provided partial response on such questions
Regarding refusal by Mr Abraham Foxman to respond on defamation, or lack thereof, in stating racketeering and corruption by Jewish-legal Los Angeles leaders, Tikkun Rabbi Michael Lerner wrote:
- �I know nothing about the circumstances about which you are talking, and don't want to publicly comment on Mr. Foxman because the only honest things I could say might easily bring me a law suit for slander�. [[iv]]
Rabbi Lerner is clear in his opposition to the death penalty in California.
Tikkun�s motto is: �to heal, repair, and transform the world.�
Similar questions were addressed to Richard Posner, University of Chicago Law Professor.
Similar questions were previously addressed to Richard Posner, University of Chicago Law School Professor, regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession� in California: [[v],[vi]]
- Is it reasonably ethical for Anti Defamation League (ADL) National Director Abraham Foxman not to respond on request for opinion regarding public corruption and racketeering in the courts by leaders of the Los Angeles Jewish-legal community?
- Are US judges bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession�, based on their Oaths of Office?
- Are US judges bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession�, based on the Code of Conduct of US Judges?
- Is Alex Kozinski, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions in view of an official 2010 Professional Staff Report of the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession� in California?
- Is Anthony Kennedy, Justice of the US Supreme Court, who oversees the 9th Circuit, bound by an ethics duty to initiate corrective actions in view of an official 2010 Professional Staff Report of the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council regarding �corruption of the courts and the legal profession� in California?
The Oath of Office states: "I... do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States..."
UCLA Human Rights expert Professor Richard Steinberg was also asked to opine regarding refusal of Mr Foxman to respond on the matter.
UCLA Law School Professor Richard Steinberg, Director of the Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Law Project, has so far failed to respond regarding refusal of ADL National Director Foxman to respond regarding public corruption and racketeering in the courts by Los Angeles Jewish-legal community leaders. [[vii]]
Richard Steinberg failed to respond on the questions.
The Project�s mission is �to advance the cause of human rights and international justice around the world.�
ADL was asked to opine on Dr Zernik�s writing, which detailed racketeering in the courts by leaders of Bet Tzedek � the Los Angeles �House of Justice� � an affiliate of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation
Dr Zernik has recently filed a request with Mr Abraham Foxman, National Director of the Anti Defamation League (ADL), for ADL's opinion regarding Dr Zernik�s writing, which detailed public corruption and racketeering in the courts by leaders of the Los Angeles Jewish-Legal community. Dr Zernik�s writing pertains to current and former officers of BET TZEDEK - the Los Angeles "HOUSE OF JUSTICE", an affiliate organization of the Greater Los Angeles Jewish Federation. [[viii],[ix]]
Dr Zernik has expressed his concern that his writing, and the positions held by such individuals, are likely to lead people to conclude that the Los Angeles Jewish community holds in high esteem, or even as its leaders, individuals, who are engaged in corruption of the courts and violations of Human Rights. Moreover, Dr Zernik has pointed out the large number of readers of his writings.
In order to remove any doubts on such important matter, and knowing that ADL has a good-size legal department and considerable resources, Dr Zernik has requested a formal opinion by ADL on such writing. With the letter, large volume of evidence has been provided to ADL.
Abraham Foxman failed to respond on the question.
ADL�s stated mission is "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.�
Current and former senior officers of Bet Tzedek, the "House of Justice" are involved in racketeering in the courts.
Terry Friedman David Pasternak Sandor Samuels
Dr Zernik�s writing is supported by opinions of fraud experts of the highest reputation, and are part of conduct that was opined in the 2010 Human Rights Council of the United Nations as �corruption of the courts and the legal profession in California�. [[x]]
Over the past several years, Dr Zernik has often written, published online, and distributed by email to a large recipient list materials, which may be deemed by some as defamatory of key Jewish organizations in Los Angeles, California:
- BET TZEDEK, the "HOUSE OF JUSTICE", and
- THE GREATER LOS ANGELES JEWISH FEDERATION, with whom it is affiliated.
- SANDOR SAMUELS, current and former President;
- DAVID PASTERNAK, former President (possibly current member of the Board of Directors)
- TERRY FRIEDMAN, former Executive Director.
- AMERICAN JEWISH UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
- ZIEGLER SCHOOL OF RABBINIC STUDIES
- SHALHEVET SCHOOL
- ADAT ARI EL SYNAGOGUE, VALLEY VILLAGE
Bet Tzedek�s motto is the biblical command �Justice, justice you shall pursue!� (Deut. 16:20)
[i] 11-05-12 Los Angeles Rabbis Sharon Brous (Ikar Synagogue), Chaim Nochum Cunin (Chabad), Susan Leider (Temple Betham), Chaim Seidler-Feller (UCLA Hillel) are Asked to Opine on Fraud/Racketeering in the Courts by Jewish- Legal community leaders
[ii] 11-05-08 Joseph Zernik,PhD, Biographical Sketch
[iii] Online Petition: Stop the execution of Kevin Cooper. Impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California
[iv] 11-05-08 Press Release: Tikkun�s Rabbi Lerner opines on refusal by ADL to respond on Public Corruption/Racketeering in the courts by Los Angeles Jewish-legal community leaders.
[v] 11-05-08 Univ of Chicago Law School Professor Richard Posner is asked to opine regarding ADL�s refusal to opine on corruption/racketeering in the courts by Los Angeles Jewish-legal community leaders
[vi] 11-05-09 Ethics Questions Forwarded to University of Chicago Law Professor Richard Posner
[vii] 11-05-07 Press Release - UCLA Law Professor Richard Stein Berg, A Human Rights Expert, Is Asked to Opine Regarding Human Rights in Los Angeles, California
[viii] 11-05-05 ADL Abraham Foxman is asked to opine on allegations of Public Corruption, Racketeering in the Los Angeles Jewish Community
[ix] 11-05-05 Addendum to request for opinion by ADLs Abraham Foxman in re: Corruption/Racketeering in the Los Angeles Jewish/Legal community-s
[x] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession".
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Flag Counter: 119http://human-rights-alert.blogspot.com/
Total Reads: 405,060Followers: 575http://www.scribd.com/Human_Rights_Alerthttp ://twitter.com/inproperinla
Total Item Views: 308,330 http://www.examiner.com/x-38742-LA-Business-Headlines-Examiner_____________________________
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/50753639/Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27433920/* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)