Supreme Court of the United States
Denial of due process notice and service and public access to judicial records, to inspect and to copy
- Call for the implementation of electronic system to enhance public access to judicial records, and
- List missing judicial records as an indicator of judicial corruption. 
The lack of transparency and the absence of comprehensive and regularly updated databases further worsen the effects of corruption in the judiciary. Such situations easily lend themselves to inconsistencies in the application of the law and make it much more difficult to identify patterns, trends or individual cases in which incorrect or anomalous results suggest the possibility of corruption.
Indicators of corruption, as perceived by the public, include: ... lack of public access to records of court proceedings; disappearance of files...
- ↑ Request for Impeachment of US Supreme Court Clerk WILLIAM SUTER, Human Rights Alert, January 25, 2011
- ↑ Report of the First Meeting of the Judicial Group on Strengthening Judicial Integrity,CICP-6 (p 5), United Nations Drug Control and Crime Prevention Center, 2000
- ↑ Strengthening Judicial Integrity,CICP-10 (p 6), United Nations Drug Control and Crime Prevention Center, 2001