Corruption of the US and California courts - papers accepted for presentation in the 16th World Criminology Congress
The foundations of the justice system in the United States are undermined. Widespread corruption of the state and federal courts in the United States is key to the disintegration of socio-economic development and civil society under our watch - widespread, unprecedented dispossession of the People by large financial institutions and large-scale false imprisonments.
Los Angeles, March 9 - the Secretariat of the 16th World Congress of the International Society for Criminology, Kobe, Japan, has confirmed acceptance of two papers filed on behalf of Human Rights Alert (NGO) for presentation and publication as part of the Congress proceedings. The theme of this year's congress is: Global Socio-Economic Crisis and Crime Control Policies.
The accepted papers are:
- Joseph Zernik, PhD, Fraud and Corruption in US Courts are Tightly Linked to Banking Fraud and the Global Economic Crisis
- Joseph Zernik, PhD, Corruption of the Courts and the Legal Profession in California Noted in a 2010 United Nations Report
- PACER and CM/ECF in the US federal courts, and
- SUSTAIN, which originated in Los Angeles County, California, but has since been implemented in various other states.
The central claims in both papers is that examination of the courts' computerized systems allows the study of systemic, organizational, widespread corruption of the courts, regardless of the specifics of the legal matters underlying the individual cases.
The papers also emphasize the role of the state and US courts in the widespread fraud in real estate litigation in collusion with large financial institutions and large, national law firms, and dispossessions on an unprecedented scale, underway in the United States today.
Two additional papers, authored by Dr Zernik, are currently pending review by a large European computer science conference. The author, Dr Zernik, gained over the past decade substantial expertise in analyzing fraud and deceit in large banking and government systems. 
United Nations Drug Control and Crime Prevention Center reports on judicial integrity and corruption emphasize the key role of honesty in the maintenance of court records in preventing the corruption of the courts. [2,3]
Two additional papers, pertaining to court corruption in nations other than the United States, were also accepted by the World Criminology Congress, Kobe, Japan, as part of the effort to highlight the study of court corruption as integral to the field of criminology.
LINKS: 11-01-06 Joseph Zernik,PhD, Biographical Sketch
http://www.scribd.com/doc/46421113/ 00-04-00 Report of the First Vienna Convention - Strengthening Judicial Integrity, CICP-6, April 2000 (See p5-6), United Nations, Drug Control and Crime Prevention Center
http://www.scribd.com/doc/50364404/ 01-03-01 Strengthening Judicial Integrity Against Corruption CICP-10 (see p-56), United Nations, Drug Control and Crime Prevention Center
Human Rights Alert (NGO) Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States._______
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit." Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted." Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California." United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011) http://www.scribd.com/doc/49586436/_____________________________
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)