US and State Judges Likely among Swiss Bank Accounts Holders
Los Angeles, January 17 - in view of the pending WikiLeaks release of Swiss banking data, [[i]] Human Rights Alert (NGO) and Joseph Zernik, PhD, suggest that significant number of US and state judges are likely to be among US citizens holding numbered bank accounts in Switzerland.
Review of numerous cases in the US and state courts shows a tight alliance between judges and large financial institutions, in disregard of the judges' oaths of office, through the conduct of alleged Fraud on the Courts in litigations involving financial institutions. [[ii],[iii]] Such conduct undermines the stated US government efforts to establish honest and effectual banking regulation.
Growing body of evidence suggests that both US and state judges have accepted financial benefits from large financial institutions:
- In 2008 Dr Zernik filed requests with California Judge Terry Friedman (Los Angeles Superior Court), US Judge Virginia Phillips, and US Magistrate Carla Woehrle (US District Court, Central District of California) for statements on the record regarding financial benefits to them or family members residing with them from such institutions (pursuant to theCalifornia Code of Judicial Ethics). All three refused to provide such statements.
- In 2009 whistle-blower Bradley Birkenfeld led to the discovery that an estimated 40,000 US wealthy citizens were holding Swiss numbered accounts with UBS-AG. Birkenfeld was swiftly sentenced by a US court to years in federal prison. [[iv]] He was never able to collect rewards provided by the False Claims Act and stated US policies, which could have amounted to billions of US dollars. The criminal prosecution of the culprits - banking executives - was never materialized, and the US government negotiated an agreement with the Swiss government, according to which the names of the vast majority of the offenders were never released by UBS-AG.
- Regardless of mounting credible evidence of racketeering by Bank of America and its senior executives, including Brian Moynihan, US banking regulation agencies refuse to take action. [[v],[vi],[vii]] It is claimed that conduct of such agencies is caused, at least in part, from the realization that under conditions that prevail today in the US courts, there is no way to prosecute banking executives.
Through the pending release of both US and Swiss banking records WikiLeaks is therefore likely to support effective banking regulation in the United States, where US agencies and the US courts are acting in disregard of the law.
LINKS:[i] 11-01-17 Swiss Whistle Blower Hands Bank Data to WikiLeaks
[ii] Zernik, Joseph: Securities and Exchange Commission v Bank of America Corporation - Pretense Litigation and Pretense Banking Regulation in the United States
[iii] 11-01-10 Request for investigation/impeachment proceedings, in re: US Judge JED RAKOFF and Clerk RUBY KRAJICK, US District Court, Southern District of New York, Conduct of Securities and Exchange Committee v Bank of America Corporation (1:09-cv-06829) s
[iv] 09-08-25 UBS AG Whistle Blower Birkenfeld Imprisoned
[v] 10-05-05 Countrywide, Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), and its President Brian Moynihan - Compilation of Records - Evidence of Racketeering
[vi] 10-06-11 Complaints Filed with Office of Comptroller of the Currency and SEC against Countrywide, Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), and Brian Moynihan - alleging fraud on shareholders, on banking regulators, and on the US taxpayer
[vii] 10-05-05 Chairs of US Congress Committees of the Judiciary and Banking Are Requested to Join Senator Feinstein's Inquiries on Comptroller of the Currency and US Dept of Justice Inspector General
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?* "Innocent people remain in prison"* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit." Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted." Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
WHAT DID THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL STAFF REPORT SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California." http://www.scribd.com/doc/38566837/