Dear Ms Figg:
Thank you for your message. Under conditions that today prevail in both the State and US courts in California, I do not believe that you have any remedy. It is broad daylight robbery under the color of law in my opinion.
It looks like last week the Supreme Court of in Massachusetts decided to put an end to the robbing of middle class Americans,  but the California and US courts, and US law enforcement agencies, are in collusion with the banks for all practical purposes. 
All I can say is: The basic duty of the common person in the Robber Baron Revival Era is to document the scope of the corruption...
I copied your message to Janet Phelan, since she may seek your help in documenting specifics regarding the connections between San Bernardino judges and the banks. Her contributions in that area are seminal. 
In cases where Bank of America and its senior officers (including, but not limited toBrian Moynihan and Sandor Samuels - former President of Bet Tzedek) were allegedly engaged in racketeering in the courts (in collusion with the courts and with Attorney David Pasternak - former President of the Los Angeles Bar Association and former President of Bet Tzedek - the House of Justice),  I filed requests withJudge Terry Friedman - former Executive Director of Bet Tzedek (Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles), Judge Virginia Phillips and Magistrate Carla Woehrle (both from the US District Court, Central District of California) for statements on the record, whether they or family members living with them were recipients of financial benefits from Countrywide or Bank of America Corporation (pursuant to the California Code of Judicial Ethics).
All three refused to provide such statements.
SEC, US Controller of the Currency, FBI, and US Department of Justice refuse to investigate such matters even after Congressional Inquiries.
You should also be aware of the United Nations Human Rights Council report (2010) which summed up the situation as "corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California". 
 11-01-07 An End in Sight to Fraud on the Courts by US Financial Institutions? a) Mass Supreme Court Ruling Has Potential to Void Thousands of Foreclosures - WashPost; b) US Bank v Antonio Ibanez in the Mass Supreme Court - January 7, 2011 Ruling
http://www.scribd.com/doc/46913092/ 11-01-05 Alleged of Criminality by Bank of America [NYSE:BAC], Misconduct in the State and US Courts, and Muzzled US Media Amount to a Robber Baron Revival Era.
 09-09-11 Former San Bernardino County Superior Court Presiding Judge Michael Welch - suspect in real estate fraud cases under the guise of court actions
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32247118/ 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report:
At 11:02 PM 1/15/2011, Jacquie Figg wrote:
- It appears I have a similar problem is there anything, anywhere relief can be sought. This is crazy. Any suggestions would be much appreciated and if there is anything I could do in return please let me know.
- I live in San Bernardino. My property was foreclosed on even though no power of sale was granted in the private contract and no default existed at the time the Default notice was filed. Having exhausted my remedies with the trustee I filed a civil action for the wrongful foreclosure and initially obtained TRO’s. TRO's were later overturned and my battles with the courts began. An unlawful detainer was secretly conducted which I discovered when the sheriff served me a copy of the Writ of Possession. I filed for an emergency hearing and my Motion to Quash was heard in a private room by a felony judge (Steve Mapes-SEE ARTICLE BELOW) and even though no plaintiff was present he ruled against me and I was given 3 days to get out of a property I have lived in with my 4 children for 15 years. I added the judges onto the complaint and filed in district court in riverside. My case was moved to Los Angeles and my TRO were denied because the judge said I named “government official” in my complaint. I am at a loss the Sheriff has given me until the 21 January 2011. My property is also my sole source of income which I receive from the two small rentals and I have no family. Scandals regarding real estate are alleged by the NGO in both LA and San Bernardino. Where does a victim go to when the people who are suppose to provide justice are the criminals stealing from you.
- Thanking you in advance, any suggestions appreciated J
- Yours truly,
- Jacquie A. Figg
- Judges Involved in Multiple Property Reconveyances
- JANET PHELAN, September 11, 2009:
- "In San Bernardino County, Judge Steven Mapes ascended to the bench in 2007 and currently sits on Barstow court, following his tenure as an deputy district attorney in San Bernardino. Mapes has also been involved in the loan program, apparently going back to 1998, when he took out a loan on his home on Patricia Drive for over $155,000. He subsequently took out further loans on his property, including loans for $100,000 in 2001 and 2002, another loan for $307,500, also in 2001, one for $88,500 in 2002 and a loan in 2004 which was in excess of the value of the house, recorded at the tax assessor’s office as $427,528. This loan was taken out for a resounding $493,000.
- More recently, in 2006, he again borrowed money against his property. Since 2001, Judge Steven Mapes has received seven different reconveyances on his loans.
- Judge Mapes did not return calls from the Sentinel inquiring as to who was paying back these loans.
- From: Janet Phelan, “Judges Involved in Multiple Property Reconveyances,” The San Bernardino County Sentinel, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, September 11, 2009. Janet Phelan is an investigative journalist. She can be contacted at email@example.com. Reprinted in accordance with the “fair use” provision of Title 17 U.S.C. § 107 for a non-profit educational purpose."