What did the experts say about the justice system in Los Angeles County, California?* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006) [i]
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit." Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2000) [ii]
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted." Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2000) [iii]
[i] LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
[ii] Paper by Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
[iii] Paper by Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
Ms D'aniello herself is probably not the best address to forward messages to, since she is in the Petition Unit.
Better addresses are:
3) "Network of the NHRIs of the Americas ,Ms. Gabriela del Mar Ram�rez P�rez" email@example.com
4) "Will Davis - DC Public Information Office" firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Lidiya Grigoreva LGrigoreva@ohchr.org
9) Bernadette Arditi BArditi@ohchr.org
10) Jessica Neuwirth email@example.com
Please make sure to copy also the US State Department on your messages to the United Nations:
Please also the US Congress Judiciary Committees:
1) �Dianne Feinstein� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2) �Russ Feingold� <email@example.com>
3) �Orrin G Hatch� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
4) �Chuck Grassley� <email@example.com>
5) �Chuck Schumer� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
6) �Jon Kyl � <email@example.com>
7) �Dick Durbin� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
8) �Benjamin L Cardin� <email@example.com>
9) �John Cornyn� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
10) �Sheldon Whitehouse� <email@example.com>
11) �Tom Coburn� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
12) �Amy Klobuchar� <email@example.com>
13) �Ted Kaufman� <firstname.lastname@example.org>
14) �Arlen Specter� <email@example.com>
16) "Senator Dorgan Staffer Rich Swayze" firstname.lastname@example.org
17) "Senator Claire McCaskill" email@example.com
18) "Senator Levin Subcommittee on Investigations" firstname.lastname@example.org
19) "Senator Charles Grassley" email@example.com
20) "Senator Daniel Akaka" firstname.lastname@example.org
21) "Senator Johnny Isakson" Senator_Isakson@isakson.senate.gov
22) "Senator Saxby Chambliss" email@example.com
23) "Congressman Lynn Westmoreland" firstname.lastname@example.org
24) "Congressman Lynn Westmoreland" email@example.com
25) "Senator Charles Grassley" firstname.lastname@example.org
26) "Senator Patrick Leahy" email@example.com
27) "Senator Leahy Staffer Lydia Griggsby" firstname.lastname@example.org
28) "Congressman George Miller" George.Miller@mail.house.gov
The Metrofax service is very convenient in this regard, since it is integrated with your email, and allows you to email up to 1000 pages per month for about $10.00.
Please also feel free to copy the quotations and URLs, above, of expert opinions, supporting our claims of widespread corruption of the justice system in Los Angeles County, California, which the United States is refusing to address for over a decade.
According the UPR protocol, the US State Department was supposed to discuss with stakeholders, who filed reports with the United Nations as part of the 2010 UPR of the United States, the claims of Human Rights violations by the US government, prior to the August 2010 deadline for a response on the reports by the US State Department. However, the US State Department refuses to even acknowledge receipt of the reports.
Please also include in your messages any possible evidence that US authorities - in particular US law enforcement were fully aware of the complaints, and refused to take action. For example, you may copy the US Marshal Service, FBI, US Dept of Justice, and others. However, there is no significance at all to any conduct of state law enforcement agencies in this matter - unless they are the subject of alleged corruption.
2) "Shell, Thomas\(USMS\)" Thomas.Shell@usdoj.gov
3) US DOJ Barbara.B.Salazar@usdoj.gov
4) US DOJ Criminal.Division@usdoj.gov
5) US DOJ Roger.M.Williams@usdoj.gov
6) US DOJ dojfitzgerald email@example.com
7) US DOJ EmilyLanglie firstname.lastname@example.org
8) US DOJ-IG email@example.com
9) US DOJ-IG Glenn.A.Fine@usdoj.gov
10) US DOJ-IG firstname.lastname@example.org
11) US DOJ-IG email@example.com
12) US Holder Eric firstname.lastname@example.org
15) "Civil Rights Devision" email@example.com
16) "Civil Rights Devision" firstname.lastname@example.org
17) "Division, Criminal" Criminal.Division@usdoj.gov
From this date to November 2010, we believe that efforts should be focused on lobbying certain nations, listed in the "Road Ahead",
Any help that you could provide in advising how to lobby those nations, or generate more international signatures on the petition to free Richard Fine, linked below, would be gratefully accepted.
Joseph Zernik, PhDHuman Rights Alert (HRA), NGOhttp://www.scribd.com/Human_Rights_Alert
LINKS: April 19, 2010 Human Rights Alert submission for the 2010 UPR (Universal Periodic Review) of Human Rights in the United States by the United Nations:
a) Press Release:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30163613/d) UPR Tool Kit by the Urban Justice Center:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29867561/ The Road Ahead.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/31433805/ Free Richard Fine:
At 02:45 PM 7/13/2010, you wrote:
Thanks for that Joseph! Since I submitted a request, I am going to write
Ms. D'aniello, too!